The South West Monsoon that arrives at the Malabar Coast in the month of June is called “Edavappathy”, as it comes during the “Edavam” month as per the Malayalam calender. The green becomes greener and depicts being close to nature. The monsoon is the ideal time to have a Ayurveda rejuvenation, as the body pores open up and the body reacts more effectively to the oils.
The Konkan Coast tour starts from Thirivananthapuram (TRV) the capital city of Kerala, visit Kovalam. Drive North to the backwaters, and to the port town of Cochin. From here you will further travel north through the West coast to Calicut via Guruvayoor. From Calicut you take a turn to the Western Ghats at Wayanad and again back to the coastline at Neeleshwar. Visit Mangalore from where you board a train to Gokarna through the Konkan rail road. After a weeks rejuvination and yoga, you will drive to Goa (GOI) from where you end the trip connecting a flight to Mumbai (BOM).
- Visit the Palace of the Travancore Rajas
- Houseboat day cruise and overnight stay at the Backwaters
- Kumblangi village tour program in Cochin
- Visit the first church built in India by St. Thomas
- Elephant Sanctuary visit in Guruvayoor
- Traditional Ship building yard in Beypore
- Visit the St Aloysius chapel, Mangalore
- Train tickets from Mangalore to Gokarna
- Five nights Rejuvination program at Swa Swara
- Mandovi River cruise in Panaji, Goa
- Visit the Basilica of Bom Jesus in Goa
Day 1 – Arrival at Thiruvanthapuram (TRV) International Airport
On arrival you will be met by our representative and transfer you to the beach of Kovalam (15 kilometers, 20 minutes). Check in at the resort, rest of the day at leisure at Kovalam.
Day 2 – Visit the Palace of the Travancore Rajas
After breakfast, drive further south to Thkalay to visit the Padmanabhapuram Palace, which was the residence palace of the Travancore Kingdom, which now falls in Tamil Nadu. Back to Kovalam, afternoon at leisure. Overnight at Kovalam.
Day 3 – Board a Traditional Kerala Houseboat
Drive to Alleppey (180 kilometers, 4 hours), often referred to as the Venice of the East. Check in to a Kerala houseboat for a day cruise and overnight stay, all meals served on board. Overnight in the houseboat.
Day 4 – Visit the old port town of Kochi
Morning, disembark the houseboat and drive North to Cochin (60 kilometers, 1.5 hours) – The Old Port Town. Check in at the hotel on arrival. Afternoon you will see around Cochin with an English speaking local guide.
Day 5 – Experience village life at Kumblangi
Morning, drive to a village called Kumblangi, witness the village life and their day to day activities. Back to Cochin,rest of the day at leisure to explore Cochin on your own. Overnight in Cochin.
Day 6 – Travel North visit the First Church built in India and a Ship Building yard
After breakfast, drive north to the temple town of Guruvayoor (110 kilometers, 2 hours). Visit the first church believed to be built by St. Thomas, the Apostle of Christ. Further move to an Elephant sanctuary named as “Anathavalam“. Continue your journey to Calicut (100 kilometers, 2 hours) where you see a traditional Ship Building yard at Beyopre. On arrival at Calicut, check in at the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 7 – Drive up to the Western Ghats
After breakfast, drive to Wayanad (100 kilometers, 3 hours). On arrival check in to the plantation hideaway. Rest of the day at leisure within the plantation estate. Overnight in Wayanad.
Day 8 – Visit the Tribals of Wayanad
After breakfast, proceed to a tribal village visit and witness a different world altogether. Explore wayanad with an English speaking local guide. Back to the resort by Evening. Overnight in Wayanad.
Day 9 – Drive to a Beach for two days of relaxation
Drive to Neeleshwar (170 kilometers 4.5 hours), a fine beach destination on the Malabar Coast. Check in at the resort for two days of leisure. Overnight at Neeleshwar.
Day 10 – At leisure in Neeleshwar, they have got an awesome pool here.
Upon your interest you can visit the Bekal fort in the evening
Day 11 – Travel to Gokarna
Drive to Mangalore (75 kilometers 1.5 hours). Visit the St. Aloysius Chapel, a church entirely hand painted about life Jesus by an Italian Jesuit Antonio Moscheni. After lunch board a train from Mangalore railway station to Gokarna. By evening you reach Gokarna, drive to Swa Swara, a dedicated Ayurveda Experience. You will spend the next five days here. Experience Ayurveda – Science of Life. Overnight at Swasara.
Day 16 – Drive to Goa
Check out from Swa Swara with a new lifestyle. Drive to Goa (150 kilometers, 3.5 hours) on arrival check in at the hotel. In the evening take a River cruise in River Mandovi. Overnight stay in Goa.
Day 17 – Visit Old Goa
After breakfast, drive to Old Goa to visit the Basilica of Bom Jesus. Back to the hotel. for the final set of packing. You have an option to explore Panaji by foot. Overnight in Goa.
Day 18 – Departure from Goa
After breakfast, departure transfer to Goa Airport (GOI) to connect flight to Mumbai (BOM) from where you fly to Mumbai.
|Destination||Hotel||Room category||Meal plan||No. of Nights|
|Kovalam||The Leela Kovalam Beach||Beach view superior||Breakfast||2|
|Kozhikode||Gateway by Taj Calicut||Superior||Breakfast||1|
|Wayanad||Tranquil Estate Bungalow||Deluxe||Full Board||2|
|Neeleshwar||Neeleshwar Hermitage||Garden Cottage||Breakfast||2|
|Gokarna||Swa Swara||Konkan villa||Breakfast||5|
|Goa||La Maison Fontainhas||Standard||Breakfat||2|
- Accommodation at the above mentioned properties with the respective meal plan.
- All internal transfers and sightseeing in Air conditioned car with driver.
- Houseboat day cruise with overnight stay with all meals served on board.
- Service of an exclusive guide during the sightseeing tour of Cochin, Wayanad, Mangalore, and Goa with monument entrance tickets.
- Plantation visit in Wayanad.
- Air conditioned coach train ticket from Mangalore to Gokarna.
- five nights Ayurveda Rejuvenation package at Swa Swara.
- Mandovi river cruise in Goa.
- Any element not mentioned in the inclusions is considered to be an exclusion.
- International Airfare, Visa to India, Travel Insurance.
- Meal elements not mentioned in the program.
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, tips, table drinks, shopping etc.