Spices from Farm to Market, a day activity organized at Thekkady is about the story of how cardamom and pepper became a boon to the hill produce farmers of Idukki. This program is conducted by Josin, who owns Beaumont Plantation Retreat and is very popular among the guests who visit and stay at his property.
- Morning 0900 hours you reach at Beaumont Plantation Retreat. You will be briefed about what you will going to do today.
- 0930 hours you will be going to see a household cardamom and pepper plantation. you will be walking inside the plantation where you will be explained about how cardamom was revolutionized from a wild plant to a cash crop cultivation in Idukki.
- You will be shown how cardamom is harvested and procured by women and finally brought to a cardamom store.
- A cardamom store visit is all about learning about how cardamom is processed and dried to gain the required shape and color.
- From the cardamom store you will be visiting the cardamom auctioning centre where the cardamom is being e-auctioned. From there you will return to Beaumont Plantation Retreat for lunch.
- After a wholesome lunch, you will finish the program with a cup of cardamom tea.
A overnight stay in not included in this program. Please let us know if you would want to have an accommodation at Beaumont Plantation Retreat.
- Cardamom tour from Farm to Market
- Accompanying English speaking local guide
- Jeep transfers from the point you arrive at Beaumont Plantation Retreat
- Lunch at Beaumont Plantation Retreat
- Any element no mentioned in the inclusions is considered to be an exclusion.
- Minimum two adults is required for the above applicable cost or a minimum of 2 adults will be charged for single person.