Photography tour of Kerala is one of its kind tour for the photographer in you. This beautiful little state of Kerala is abundant in natural beauty and there is so much to capture. The tour is bundled with art, culture, people, landscape, waterfalls, widllife, forests, backwaters agriculture and a lot more that will enrich your viewfinder. The program starts from Cochin Airport (COK) with a day excursion to visit the Kalamandalam Art University of Kerala and Athirapally waterfalls. Further you will visit an Elephant kraal, climb up hill the Western Ghats and the highest orthodox tea factory in the world. Explore the forests of Periyar National Park and raft at the reservoir. You will be coming down to the backwater village of Kumararkom and later board a Kerala houseboat. Your final destination in Kerala would be Cochin, the Jew town, the old Bazaar roads, Kathakali, Harbor cruise and much more hidden surprises. The departure would be from Cochin International Airport.
- Visit Kalamandalam, the art university in Kerala.
- The mighty Athirapally and Vazhachal waterfalls.
- Kodanad Elephant Kraal
- Kulukumalai Orthodox tea factory
- Bamboo Rafting at Periyar National Park
- Backwater village visit and houseboat cruise
- visit Athingal church and Andakaranazi
- Kathakali dance performance and harbor cruise in Cochin
Day 1 – Arrival at Cochin Airport
On Arrival, you will be transferred to an airport hotel. Today you will be briefed about the whole photography tour you will do. They day will be at leisure with overnight stay at the Airport Hotel.
Day 2 – Visit Kalamandalam (Art University) and Athirapally water falls
Art is a wonderful element to capture. Today you will experience a session called “Day with the Masters” at the Art University and while returning visit the Athirapally waterfalls. Evenings would be a wonderful time to capture the gushing waterfalls.
Day 3 – Visit the Elephant Kraal and drive to Munnar
After a quick breakfast, transfer to Kodanad (20 kiloemters), where the elephant orphanage is located. The Mahouts take Elephants to the near by river for their morning bath. There are chances you could feed them as well. The river gives a wonderful background to shoot the tuskers. Further drive to Munnar (120 kilometers 3 hours), evening visit the Eravikulam national Park.
Day 4 – Visit Kulukumalai tea factory and Top station
Early morning, proceed for a visit to Kulukumalai tea factory the higest organic tea plantation and the highest Orthodox tea factory in the world. Moreover this is one of the higest motorable roads in the Western Ghats and gives a wonderful view atop the mountains. Retun to Munnar and proceed to Top Station.
Day 5 – Drive to Thekkady, enroute farm to Market program
Drive from Munnar to Thekkady (110 kilometers 3 hours), enroute you will stop by Beaumont Plantation retreat where you have wonderful views of the Cumbam Valley. Explore the cardamom plantation and take part in the Farm to Market program with Lunch. Overnight in Thekkady.
Day 6 – Bamboo Rafting and Elephant Safari
Morning get ready for a Bamboo Rafting session at Periyar National Park which involves hikes and rafting experience in the reservoir. Proceed for an Elephant safari by evening.
Day 7 – Transfer to Kumararkom
Drive to the the backwater village of Kumararkom (160 kilometers, 4 hours) , en-route stop by Vagamon to capture some of rolling hills of the Western Ghats. On arrival check in the at the backwater resort. The Sunset is beautiful here, the resort organized a backwater cruise in the evening.
Day 8 – Village tour in a Country Canoe
Morning proceed for a canoe cruise and partial walking village tour of Kumararkom where you will meet the villagers in very close proximity. Their occupations and lifestyle are great subjects for photography. Rest of the day at leisure.
Day 9 – Board a Kerala Houseboat.
YOu will board a small houseboat which can take you to the Narrow canals of the backwaters where the real backwater life exist. It would be a different angle and point of view this time. Overnight stay in the houseboat.
Day 10 – Arrive at Cochin
Check out from the houseboat and transfer to Cochin. En-route visit the historic Arthingal Church and Andakaranazi where you have a contrasting light house at the Estuary. There would be a lot of fishermen around repairing nets. On arrival check in at the hotel, later visit the local theatre to witness the Kathakali dance performance.
Day 11 – Experience village life
Sightseeing tour of Cochin in the morning with an English speaking local guide. Afternoon at leisure. Proceed for a harbor cruise of Cochin, to get a different perspective of Cochin.
Day 12 – Departure form Cochin International Airport
|Destination||Hotel||Room Category||Meal Plan||Number of Nights|
|Cochin Airport||Quality Airport Hotel||Deluxe||Breakfast||02|
|Thekkady||Beaumont Plantation Retreat||Traditional Cottage||Breakfast||02|
|Kumararkom||Saro Lake County||Deluxe||Breakfast||02|
|Alleppey||Houseboat||Deluxe room||Full Board||01|
- Accommodation in the above mentioned hotels / resorts with the respective meal plan.
- Complete transfers and sightseeing in Air-conditioned Large car from Cochin till Mangalore.
- English speaking local guide during the tour of Cochin, Munnar and Kumarakom.
- Visit the Art University in Kerala and the Athirapally Waterfalls.
- Elephant Kraal – orphanage visit.
- Kulukumalai tea factory Visit – Highest organic tea plantation in the world.
- Spice Tour from Farm to Market program at Thekkady.
- Bamboo Rafting and Elephant ride in Thekkady.
- Backwater village visit along with local self help village communities.
- Houseboat day cruise and overnight stay with all meals served on board.
- All monument entrances as per the program.
- Any element not mentioned in the inclusion is considered to be an exclusion.
- Air fare, Visa to India, Travel Insurance.
- Meal elements not mentioned in the program or in the Hotel Details.
- Expenses of personal nature like tips, laundry, table drinks, shopping etc.