This tour starts from Cochin and Ends at Kovalam, down south of the Keralan coastline. The trip takes you through the Western Ghats to the Rustic Tamil Nadu, entirely a different place, geographically and culturally. You start from Cochin (COK), explore the great backwaters of Kerala at Kumarakom, cross the Western Ghats at Thekkady, explore the temple town of Madurai, Drive to Chettinad – the land of Chettiars, Further drive down to Kanyakumari – the tip of the Sub continent where three oceans meet and finally enjoy your relaxed days at one of the finest beach resorts in South India. Fly back from Trivandrum International Airport, and that is how the Rustic Tamil Nadu trip comes to an end.
- Ninety minutes harbor cruise in the backwaters of Cochin.
- Exclusive guided sightseeing tour of Cochin.
- Exclusive Houseboat day cruise in backwaters of Alleppey / Kumararkom.
- Three house nature walk to the forests of Periyar National Park.
- Cooking demonstration at the hotel of stay in Thekkady.
- Night ceremony at Meenakshi Temple of Madurai.
- Exclusive guided tour of the ancient Meenakshi temple of Madurai.
- Bullock cart ride through the villages of Chettinad.
- Experience Sunrise at Kanyakumari.
- Visit Thuckalay palace, once palace of the king of Travancore.
Day 1 – Arrival at Cochin AIrport, transfer to Fort Cochin
Arrival at Cochin international Airport (COK), you would be received by our representative at the terminal exit. You will be transferred to Fort Cochin by car (40 kilometers, 1.5 hours). You have the day to relax after the flight. By evening our representative will meet you and brief you about your tour of the coming days. You would proceed for a harbor cruise through the backwater of Cochin. Overnight at the resort in Cochin.
Day 2 – See around Cochin
A guide will join you for an exclusive tour of Cochin. In the afternoon you have the option to explore Cochin on your own, shopping or local activities. overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3 -Board a Kerala Houseboat at Alleppey
Drive to the backwaters of central Kerala (70 kilometers, 1.5 hours). You will board a houseboat at Alleppey cruise until evening, Lunch, tea coffee and snacks would be served on board. By evening you will dis-embark the houseboat at Kumararkom, at the resort where you are staying overnight.
Day 4 – Drive to The Spice Hub of Thekkady
After breakfast, transfer to Thekkady (160 Kilometers, 4 hours), the spice hub of Kerala and the Periyar National park. On arrival check in at the hotel, later get ready for a Elephant ride through the spice plantations followed by a spice plantation tour. Overnight at the resort of stay.
Day 5 – Nature Walk at Periyar National Park
In the morning, prepare yourself for a three house soft trek to the Periyar National Park. The trek would be with a forest guard (Poachers turned guards of the forest) who will explain about the sanctuary, birds and possible animal sightings. Rest of the day at leisure, overnight at the hotel.
Day 6 – Transfer to the Temple Town of Madurai
From Thekkady, drive to Madurai – the temple town (160 kilometers, 4 hours). This temple town houses the Madurai Meenakshi Kovil, the ancient temple. In the evening proceed to the temple with your guide to witness the night ceremony. back to the hotel on a tuk tuk. Overnight at the resort of stay.
Day 7 – From Madurai to Chettinad
You will have a guided sightseeing tour of Madurai, where the guide will take you to the Meenakshi Temple and the Nayakar Palace. Drive from Madurai to Chettinad (120 kilometers 3 hours). Chettinad is the land of Chettiars, once the most richest business community in the whole of Asia. Chettiars were as rich as kings. You will get to know a whole lot of stories when you are here. Spend time with the Chef while he demonstrates preparing a few Chettinad preparations. Overnight at Chettinad.
Day 8 – See around the traditional town of Chettiars – Karaikudi
Early morning you have an option for bicycle tour of Chettinad, accompanied by a resort staff. Or proceed for a bullock cart ride exploring the rustic elements of the village life in Tamil Nadu. Afternoon, visit the bronze market at Karaikudi, Athangudi tile making unit and the Chettinad Market.
Day 9 – Drive to the Southern tip of India
After breakfast, proceed to Kanyakumari (350 kilometers, 6 hours), formerly known as Cape Comorin, the southern most tip of India, where the Bay of Bengal, the Indian Ocean and the Arabian sea meets. you can visit Vivekananda Rock and Thiruvallur Statue. Overnight at the hotel in Kanyakumari.
Day 10 – Drive to Kovalam Beach
See the Sunrise at Kanyakumari. After breakfast, transfer to Kovalam (100 kilometers, 2 hours). En-route visit the Padmanabhapuram Palace at Thuckalay. The palace is large and is mostly constructed of wood. The palace houses some of the most beautiful murals and paintings. Further proceed to Kovalam, you beach destination, overnight at Kovalam.
Day 11 – At leisure in Kovalam.
Day 12 – At leisure in Kovalam.
Day 13 – At leisure in Kovalam.
Day 14 – Departure transfer to Trivandrum Airport
Departure Transfer to Trivandrum – Thiruvananthapuram (TRV) International Airport (20 kilometers, 45 minutes) to board flight to your onward destination.
You would be staying at the below listed hotels for the price mentioned. These hotels are experiential and boutique in nature. We feel these would definitely bring out an experience of a lifetime. In case if you are looking for the same itinerary with a different set of hotel, please do be in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Destinations||Hotel||Room category||Meal Plan||No. of Nights|
|Kumararkom||Coconut Lagoon||Heritage Bungalow||Breakfast||1|
|Madurai||Heritage Madurai||Deluxe Club||Breakfast||1|
|Kovalam||Niraamaya Retreat||Heritage Classic||Breakfast||4|
- Accommodation in the above mentioned properties with the respective meal plan.
- All internal transfers and sightseeing in Air conditioned car with driver.
- Service of an exclusive guide during the sightseeing tour of Cochin and Madurai.
- All monument and sightseeing entrance tickets as per the program.
- Ninety minutes harbor cruise in the backwaters of Cochin.
- Cruise the backwaters in a houseboat with lunch served on board.
- Visit the Tea factory en-route to Thekkady.
- Spice Plantation tour and an Elephant ride.
- Three hours morning soft trek inside Periyar National Park.
- Visit the ancient Madurai Meenakshi Temple for the Night ceremony.
- Bullock Cart ride in Chettinad, exploring the village life.
- Visit to the traditional palace of the Travancore kings at Tackalay.
- Any element not mentioned in the inclusion is considered to be an exclusion.
- International Airfare, Visa to India, and Travel Insurance.
- Meal elements not mentioned in the program or in the Hotel Details.
- Expense of personal nature like tips, laundry, table drinks, shopping etc.