Kerala, other wise known as “Gods Own Country” is truly a beautiful state located at the Southern tip of the Indian Sub continent. Facinating Kerala Holiday is a central Kerala tour, limited to the state, traveling through the most interesting and unique elements, the great Western Ghats, the backwaters and the Malabar coast. The tour starts from Cochin the Old Port town, then to the Tea Country of Munnar, further to Thekkady the ancient spice hub and Periyar National Park, traveling further south to a Farm Stay on the backwaters, One night stay in a Kerala houseboat and finally the tropical escape – beach extension at the Mararikulam. This is going to be another experiential fun fill Kerala Holiday.
- Ninety minutes harbor cruise in the backwaters of Cochin.
- Exclusive Guided tour of Cochin (a peek into the history of this ancient port town).
- Tea factory visit in Munnar (you would go back to the British days in India)
- An Elephant ride through the spice plantations – Hold on 🙂
- Three hour nature walk in Periyar National park with guide (shared program).
- Backwater village and farm visit – a glimpse of local life.
- Houseboat day cruise with overnight stay on full board basis.
- Cooking demo at the beach destination.
Day 1 – Arrival at Cochin (COK) International Airport.
You will be received by us at the terminal exit. Transfer to Cochin, Check in at the hotel on arrival and you will have rest of the day at rest. By evening we will brief you about your program for the fore coming days. Explore the the old port town by water, proceed for a harbor cruise in the backwaters of Cochin.
Day 2 – Guided Sightseeing tour of Cochin
A guide will join you for an exclusive tour of Cochin. In the afternoon you have the option to explore Cochin on your own, shopping or local activities.
Day 3 – Drive to Munnar – The tea county
After Breakfast, drive to Munnar (140 Kilometers, 4 hours) check in at the hotel on arrival, later visit the Tea factory.
Day 4 -Transfer to the Spice Hub of Kerala – Thekkady
Drive to Thekkady (100 Kilometers, 3 hours) you will have a plantation tour and a Elephant ride in Thekkady.
Day 5 – Engaged with activities at the Periyar National Park
Morning, go for a three hour nature walk in Periyar National Park, afternoon explore Thekkady on your own.
Day 6 – Drive to the Backwater Village of Kumararkom
Transfer to Kumarakom (160 Kilometers, 4 hours) explore the farm at Philipkutty, village walk and farm visit.
Day 7 – Board a traditional Kerala Houseboat
Board a Kerala Houseboat from Philipkuttys Farm. Cruise until evening, Overnight stay on-board the houseboat. All meals served on-board.
Day 8 – Transfer to the Fishermen’s Village of Mararikulam
Drive to Mararikulam for your beach stay. you would be here for four nights.
Day 9 – Relax and Enjoy the days at Mararikulam Beach.
Day 10 – Spend the day at Mararikulam Beach.
Day 11 – At leisure at Mararikulam Beach.
Day 12 – Departure transfer to Cochin International airport (COK)(100 Kilometers, 2.5 hours).
As far as we are considered, the hotels that you stay have to be something more than just accommodation. The below would be a bunch of boutique hotels, handpicked, specially to make the tour a memorable one. On the other side, if you have a constrain for a budget definitely we have other options as well to suite your requirement.
|Destination||Hotel||Room Category||Meal Plan||No. of Nights|
|Cochin||Malabar House||Deluxe Room||Breakfast||02|
|Thekkady||Spice Village||Standard Villa||Breakfast||02|
|Kumarakom||Philipkuttys Farm||Water Villa||Full board||01|
|Mararikulam||Marari Beach Resort||Garden Villa||Breakfast||04|
- Accommodation in the above mentioned properties with the respective Meal plan.
- All internal transfers and sightseeing in Air conditioned Car with driver.
- All monument and sightseeing entrance tickets as per the program.
- Ninety minutes harbor cruise in the backwaters of Cochin (Motor boat).
- Visit to a Tea Factory in Munnar.
- Elephant ride through the spice plantation in Thekkady.
- Farm visit and Village walk in Kumararkom.
- Cooking demonstration at Mararikulam with courtesy of the Resort.
- Any element not mentioned in the inclusion is considered to be an exclusion.
- Air fare, Visa to India, Travel Insurance.
- Meal elements not mentioned in the program or in the Hotel Details.
- Expenses of personal nature like tips, laundry, table drinks, shopping etc.