Adventure trails in Kerala is a adventure tour in Kerala which mostly includes soft adventure, camping, treks and hikes. The program would be something very much ideal for people young at heart and who have a taste for adventure. The arrival would be at Cochin International Airport (COK) the tour starts with a two night stay at Camp by River Periyar from where you would be visiting the Elephant kraal and the Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary. From Mudackal, you will drive to the hill of Munnar, where you would be staying for a night to prepare yourself for a two night hiking and camping through the grasslands of the Western Ghats, you will be capturing the second highest peak in the Western Ghats. Back to Munnar settle down and have a relaxed day at an Estate Cottage. Proceed to the cardamom hills of Thekkady, where you will be having a half day cycling expedition through cardamom estates. Next day you will visit the Periyar National Park for a half day bamboo rafting program, you might sight some wild being and birds. Travel down to a backwater homestay in the banks of the Vembanad Lake from where you will be boarding a Kerala houseboat and cruise to the backwater town of Alleppey. The tour ends with some relaxed days at the cliff beach destination of Varkala and depart from Trivandrum international Airport (TRV)
- Visit an Elephant Orphanage
- Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary with guide
- Plantation Visit at Mundackal Estate with Mr. Jose
- Tea Factory and Museum visit at Munnar
- two nights trekking and camping in the mountains
- Cycling expedition through cardamom plantations
- Bamboo rafting at Periyar National Park
- Elephant ride at Thekkady
- Country Canoe ride at the backwaters
- Tuk tuk ride to visit a coir making unit (cottage industries)
- Village visits
- Exclusive Houseboat cruise with all meals served on board
- Beach Extension at Varkala
Day 1 – Arrive at Cochin Airport
Arrive at Cochin airport (COK) drive to the nearby Camp at Thattekkad (50 kilometers 1.5 hours). Rest of the day at leisure at the camp site.
Day 2 – Visit the Elephant Kraal
Early morning visit the Elephant kraal, ten kilometers away from the place of stay. Watch elephant bathing, probably you can take part in brushing them. On return visit the Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary with a naturalist.
Day 3 – Transfer to Munnar Base Camp
Drive to Munnar (90 kilometers 2 hours) where you will be settleing down preparing yourself for the next day trek to the hill and overnight camping.
Day 4 – Camp at Silient Valley
Pick up from Munnar by 11am, then a jeep ride of 1hr 15min to the trek starting location. A gradual ascent trek of 4 hours through tea plantations and micro carps. Delicious packed lunch enroute. Camp at Silent Valley at an altitude of 2000 m. Camp fire dinner and sleep in comfortable tents.
Day 5 – Trek to the shola forest and Grasslands
Trek starts by 8.30 am after breakfast, and passes through the valley of rhododendrons and pines. The trek then winds through streams and shola forests of tropical grasslands. The views are spectacular, and you will reach the 2nd highest peak of South India, Meesapulimala, at an altitude of 2635 m. Delicious packed lunch served enroute. Descending trek will reach the camp at silent valley. Camp fire dinner and sleep in tents.
Day 6 – Back to Munnar by a Jeep from the Camp exit
After breakfast, a 5 hour trek to Yellapatty where the trek ends. Board vehicle from Yelappetty and proceed to Munnar for overnight stay.
Day 7 – Proceed to the Cardamom Hills
Drive to the Cardamom Hills of Thekkady (100 kilometers 3 hourS), afternoon prepare your self for a cycling expedition through the cardamom platnation of Thekkady or other wise take a border belt track where you could see the plain lands of the neighbouring state of Tamil Nadu.
Day 8 – Bamboo Rafting at Periyar National Park
Proceed for a half day Bamboo rafting experience, which is partially hilking and rafting on tied up bamboo shoots to the remote areas of the Periyar National Park, you might sight wild animals. Back at thekkady, get on an Elephant and ride for some time.
Day 9 – Drive to the backwaters
Check out and proceed to the backwater village Muhamma (140 kilometers 3.5 hours) where the hosts of Vembanad House would welcome you for a two nights stay. Get on a canoe and cruise through the canals of the backwaters.
Day 10 – Village visits and Coir making units
Get on a tuk tuk and visit the local coir making cottage industies and walk back though the village roads of Muhamma. You will see a lot of children playing the waters, and women washing cloths on the banks of the backwaters.
Day 11 – Board a Kerala Houseboat
By noon, your boat will approach the property you stay. Embark the boat which is exclusively reserved for your and Cruise until evening and have all the meals on board. You can try your navigation skill on the mariners wheel.
Day 12 – It is time to settle at the Beach
By monring after breakfast, you will disembark the houseboat at Alleppey and proceed to an exotic beach destination of Varkala (100 kilometers 2 hours). where you will be staying for the next three nights.
Day 13 – At leisure in Varkala
Day 14 – At leisure in Varkala
Day 15 – Departure transfer to Trivandrum International Airport (TRV)
|Destination||Hotel||Room Category||Meal Plan||No. nights|
|Kothamangalam||Hornbill Camp||Tented Cottage||Full board||02|
|Western Ghats||Camping||Tents||Full board||02|
|Thekkady||Beaumont Plantation Retreat||Traditional Cottage||Half board||02|
|Muhamma||Vembanad House||Standard||Full board||02|
|Alleppey||Exclusive Houseboat||Deluxe||Full board||01|
|Varkala||Palm Tree Heritage||Deluxe Double||Breakfast||03|
- Accommodation in the above mentioned properties with the respective Meal plan.
- All internal transfers and sightseeing in Air conditioned Car with driver.
- All monument and sightseeing entrance tickets as per the program with English speaking local guide.
- Visit to a Tea Factory in Munnar.
- Half day cycling expedition through cardamom plantations.
- Half day Bamboo Rafting at Periyar National Park.
- Elephant ride at Thekkady.
- Village visit and Country canoe ride at the backwaters.
- Tuk tuk ride and visit to the local coir making cottage industries.
- Cooking Demonstration at the backwater homestay.
- Houseboat day cruise and overnight stay with all meals served on board.
- Any element not mentioned in the inclusion is considered to be an exclusion.
- Air fare, Visa to India, Travel Insurance.
- Meal elements not mentioned in the program or in the Hotel Details.
- Expenses of personal nature like tips, laundry, table drinks, shopping etc.